Friday, June 12, 2015

Stationary!

Like most women I know I love stationary! In fact one of the things I miss most about school and university is getting to go out and buy tonnes of pretty stationary and have an excuse to organize it all.

The relaunch of this blog was a perfect excuse to do so.


I didn't actually buy much, I've mentioned it before but I've started a pretty strict savings plan because we need to make some big purchases in a few months, but it was enough to make me happy.

Unfortunately the ipad camera didn't quite capture the colours of the folder too well but I promise you it's super pretty and at only 3 euros it wasn't a bad price. The sticky notes were a total impulse buy... no idea what to use them for but looking at them makes me happy!


Now, that clipboard is one of my favorite things ever. It was actually a gift from some friends when I left the National Marine Aquarium in Plymouth to go work at the Blue Reef Aquarium in Portsmouth. I miss that lot so much and they knew that my two favorite things are fish and clipboards!

As for organizing the blog stuff, I haven't actually started organizing anything, so far the folder is just full of scraps of paper with my random thoughts and post ideas and of course many, many to do lists!

By the way as a side note, have you noticed that the table cloth changed between the two pictures? Well I may have thrown an espresso onto the dining table and chairs while photographing my pretty things and it was a miracle it didn't end up all over the laptop... I'm surprised I'm allowed to pick up my own baby with these butter fingers!

Right so, back on topic. I was thinking about my love for stationary a few nights ago and then it hit me. I don't buy stationary because I love folders and the way they work or because I think clipboards are useful, I buy them because they are pretty and looking at them makes me feel happy. This is something my mother at Maria Tangled  talks about often, and it is so true. Surrounding yourself with things you find pretty really brightens up your day no matter how useless or useful they may be!

I will definitely keep updating you on my pretty stationary buys and will show you how I do my blog planning when my system is a bit prettier!

I hope you have a good weekend and don't forget to say hi in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment