Monday, June 1, 2015

Sirdar Beachcomber DK yarn

Every now and then I indulge a bit. By indulge I mean buying some yarn that I know I shouldn't. The reasons why I shouldn't buy the yarn can vary greatly but it's normally because they are too expensive and/or I have no clue what to do with it.

For a few months now I have been eyeing up the Sirdar Beachcomber yarn in particular the collecting shells, catch the sun and windward. I just absolutely fell in love with the colours. They are so soft and delicate and they just feel quite special. So I went to my local wool shop and got them.

Sorry, the ipad camera does not do the yarn justice

This yarn is 100% cotton and has quite an uneven texture but it feels really soft. I haven't done anything with it yet. Well that's a bit of a lie, i made a chain and worked 2 rounds and I'm going to be honest, I found it quite difficult to work it because of the unevenness. But I still love looking at it!


I'm really not sure what to do with it and I won't be working with it for a while yet since I have a few projects lined up and whatever I do with it is going to be slow going.

You can buy it pretty much anywhere like Deramores and Woolwharehouse.

Have you done anything with this yarn? If so send me an email with pics and I will feature it in a few weeks time! 

That's it for now, don't forget to say hi in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment