Wednesday, June 10, 2015

New Blanket - month by month blanket

You are probably thinking that I am crazy for embarking on another blanket project when my last one was such a fail, but not to worry this is a colab blanket with Maria Tangled (my wonderful mother).

I don't know if you remember but on my re launch post, the one about Ema being a month old, there is a picture where she is next to a crochet 1. I had decided that every month for the first year I would take a picture of her next to a crochet number. My first issue was making the numbers but with a little enticing I convinced my mum to make them. Then I had to decide what to do with all these numbers that I would have at the end of 12 months.


That's when I came up with the idea of joining all the numbers into one big blanket. I've already made a few sketches of how to put it together. Please excuse the rubbishness, I just did them as a guide for myself.



So I'm going to be using green, pink and blue and will end up being 105cm x 147cm which is quite a good size. At the end of the day Ema will only be 1 when this is finished and won't outgrow the blanket so quickly!

I've already bought the green wool to make the solid squares where the numbers will be sewn on. This is what I've chosen:


The colour is super vibrant, just like I like it and it is nice and easy to work with!

Even though it'll take a year for the blanket to be finished I am really looking forward to seeing it grow! I will keep you updated on it's progress and let's hope it turns out better than my first blanket attempt!

That's it from me on this one! Don't forget to say hi in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claudi, really great idea for the number blanket and the green yarn is amazing. I love anything green so looking forward to see it completed.

    Regards from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've added some pink now so the three colours are all together and I can get a taste for what it will look like! I will be updating as soon as I have internet at the new house!

    ReplyDelete