Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wreck This Journal

Hello everyone!

Last year I found out about Wreck This Journal and Keri Smith. For those of you who have never heard of it, Wreck This Journal is a sort of interactive book. I know, there I go again talking about interactive books, this time though it isn't a futuristic idea and it does actually exist.

Keri Smith is an author and illustrator and she came up with this concept of a book that you create. Each page has a prompt and you have full liberty to do as you wish and interpret the prompt however your heart desires. It is brilliant for people like me that wish to be more creative than what they actually are.


I obviously had to go and buy one and I had tonnes of fun with it. Unfortunately I can't show you any pictures because I threw it away when we moved to save space and all the photos were on my phone which I broke back in January! I have been missing it so Dan bought me the "everywhere" edition which is smaller and is tailored to be completed outside.

I've only had it a couple of weeks so haven't done much. Here's it so far:

Done by my sister Marta. She got the dogs to lick food off the page.

Done by me but not quite finished yet.

Done by my sister Vera.

I've also chosen three pages to do next and I will update you once they are done. The pages are:




I'd definitely recommend the "Wreck This Journal" for a bit of fun and to get some creative juices flowing. In fact all of Keri Smith books are a lot of fun. If you just want to see what other people have created there are tonnes of photos on Pinterest and also a few Youtubers have uploaded videos of themselves doing their journals.

So that is it from me for this post! I hope you've enjoyed reading and don't forget to say hi in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment